Search Me

Sunday 3 February, 2008

TZP

I recently watched Taare Zameen Par, the directorial debut by Aamir Khan. I am at loss of words to speak about the movie. Brilliant would be an understatement. The way the story has been handled speaks volumes about Aamir's caliber as a director. The movie doesn't indulge in any over the top melodramatic display of emotions. The emotions are portrayed subtly, with every character well defined. All the actors have delivered terrific performances.

There are moments in the first half where I felt that Darsheel's character has something in common with Calvin from the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon series. Overall a wonderful movie. I completely enjoyed it. Compared to another movie I had seen, Om Shanti Om, this in my opinion is miles ahead in its execution, story and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment