Search Me

Sunday 15 April, 2007

300

Yes, I know, late for a review about this movie. But nevertheless, my opinions about the movie I just saw.
The movie, well not historically accurate, but yes some what close to it. An exaggeration to make it even more spectacular. Visually spectacular, a definite yes.

Visually I would say this movie is amazingly shot. But the violence is sometimes quite over the top. Haven't seen many movies before this which show the entire sequence of a person being beheaded. The action sequences are just awesome. I have seen the behind the scenes footage of this movie and I would say its definitely a lot of hard work. The movie has been made as close as possible to the comic strip its been derived from. The training that the warriors had to go through is so strenuous. Overall I would say its definitely worth watching. Though you might wanna avoid making accurate references to actual historical events. Just enjoy it as a visually spectacular and excessively violent movie.

Though, this does make me wonder, if this simple story of 300 warriors who stop the raging Persian army can be made so visually spectacular, the treatment of our own mythologies of Mahabharata and The Ramayana and many others could be made so much more wonderful.

Wish some major Hollywood studio decides on doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment